Dr. R. Nagarajan is currently working as a Professor at the Department of Chemistry. He received Ph.D. in Solid State Chemistry from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore under the supervision of Professor C. N. R. Rao, FRS. He is the recipient of the K. P. Abraham Gold medal for the best thesis in the area of Materials Chemistry. He has vast post doctoral experience in different aspects of materials chemistry including lithium ion-batteries, opto-electronic material processing technologies and synthesis of novel solids, structure-property correlation in solids. He has more than 121 publications in peer reviewed international and national journals. He has guided 15 students for PhD, 3 students for M.Phil and mentored two post-docs till date. His research interests are on the development of synthetic protocols for materials and evaluation of their properties such as optical, catalytic, electrical, magnetic and luminescence.
1. Gupta, P.; Nagarajan, R. Fine tuning bifunctional properties of Y0.5Gd0.5BO3 by doping with Ce3+ and co-doping with Li+, Ca2+ and Al3+ following an epoxide mediated gel approach. Mater. Today Chem. 2018, 7, 15-24.
2. Tripathi, V. K.; Nagarajan, R. Correlating the influence of two magnetic ions at the A-site with the electronic, magnetic and catalytic properties in Gd1-xDyxCrO3 ACS Omega, 2017, 2, 2657−2664.
3. Nagarajan, R.; Gupta, P.; Singh, P.; Chakraborty, P. An ethylene glycol intercalated monometallic layered double hydroxide based on iron as an efficient bifunctional catalyst. Dalton Trans., 2016, 45, 17508–17520.
4. Nagarajan, R.; Ahmad, S.; Singh, P. Topochemical Oxidation of Perovskite KCoF3 to a K2PtCl6 Structure- type Oxyfluoride. Inorg. Chem. 2015, 54, 10105-10107.
5. Ahmad, S.; Nagarajan, R.; Raj, P; Prakash, G. V. Novel Fluorite Structured Superparamagnetic RbGdF4 Nanocrystals as Versatile Upconversion Host. Inorg. Chem. 2014, 53, 10257-10265.
6. Ahmad, S.; Gopalaiah, K.; Chandrudu, S. N.; Nagarajan, R. Anion (Fluoride)-Doped Ceria Nanocrystals: Synthesis, Characterization, and its Catalytic Application to Oxidative Coupling of Benzylamines. Inorg. Chem. 2014, 53, 2030-2039.
7. Kumar, P.; Uma, S.; Nagarajan R. Precursor Driven One Pot Synthesis of Wurtzite and Chalcopyrite CuFeS2. Chem.Commun. 2013, 49, 7316-7318.
8. Kumar, P.; Nagarajan R.; Sarangi, R. Quantitative X-ray Absorption and Emission Spectroscopies: Electronic Structure Elucidation of Cu2S and CuS. J. Mater. Chem. C 2013, 1, 2448-2454.
9. Kumar, P.; Gusain, M.; Nagarajan, R. Solvent-Mediated Room Temperature Synthesis of Highly Crystalline Cu9S5 (Cu1.8S), CuSe, PbS and PbSe from their Elements. Inorg. Chem. 2012, 51, 7945-7947.