Professor Indrajit Roy
Dr. Indrajit Roy is an Associate Professor at the Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, since December 2009. Dr. Roy has received his Ph.D. degree in Physical Chemistry from the University of Delhi, India, in 2002. Following that, he has completed post-doctoral research at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, as well as at the Johns Hopkins University: School of Medicine. During his doctoral and post-doctoral training, Dr. Roy has specialized in the use of inorganic-based nanoparticles for applications in targeted drug delivery, non-viral gene delivery, photodynamic therapy (PDT), and multimodal diagnostic imaging. He has published more than 80 articles in leading scientific journals, in addition to holding three US patents. In 2005, he was presented with the Visionary Innovator Award by the technology transfer office at SUNY Buffalo. Prior to his faculty appointment at the University of Delhi, he has served as a Research Assistant Professor and the Deputy Director of the Biophotonics division at the Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics (ILPB), within SUNY at Buffalo. Dr. Roy’s current research interests are hybrid nanoparticles for triggered drug and gene delivery for the treatment of cancer, respiratory and neurological diseases.
- Liu L, Yong KT, Roy I, Law WC, Ye L, Liu J, Liu J, Kumar R, Zhang X, Prasad PN. Theranostics. 2012, 2(7), 705-13
- Wang Y, Hu R, Lin G, Roy I, Yong KT. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013, 5(8), 2786-99..
- Juneja R, Roy I. RSC Adv. 2014, 4, 44472-44479.
- Sethi K, Roy I. J. Coll. Int. Sci. 2015, 456, 59-65.
- Agnihotri S, Pathak R, Jha D, Roy I, Gautam HK, Sharma AK, Kumar P. New J. Chem. 2015, 39, 6746-6755.
- Chen G, Roy I, Yang C, Prasad PN. Chem. Rev. 2016, 116(5), 2826-85.
- Sethi K, Sharma S, Roy I. RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 76861-76866.
- Joshi JC, Anuradha, Roy I, Gulati K, Ray A. Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology 2016, 4, 202-212.
- Sharma S, Sethi K, Roy I. New J. Chem. 2017, 41, 11860-11866.
- Kumar P, Agnihotri S, Roy I. Int. J. Nanomed. 2018, 13, 43-46.