Prof. Gopalaiah Kovuru
Professor Gopalaiah Kovuru joined the Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, in 2010. He received Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India, under the supervision of Professor S. Chandrasekhar. He did his postdoctoral research work from 2006 to 2008 with Professor Henri B Kagan (HonFRSC, Wolf Prize recipient) at University of Paris-Sud, France, and also worked as visiting Scientist at University of Florida, USA.
He has guided six students for the award of Ph.D., and mentored several M.Sc internship students. He has published more than 30 research articles in peer reviewed international and national journals, and one patent. He is the recipient of the Dr. Lakshmi Endowment Medal (2019) from ISCAS, and Prof. Sudheer K Banerjee Memorial Award (2014) from the Indian Council of Chemists. Dr. Gopalaiah’s research interests include (i) Design and development of novel synthetic strategies/new chemical reactivity, (ii) C-H bond activation and functionalization, (iii) Metal-catalyzed Cascade/Tandem reactions, and (iv) Synthesis of biologically significant heterocycles and natural products.
1. Gopalaiah, K.; Choudhary, R.; Rao, K. R. S. S. Arkivoc 2022, part vi, 24-37.
2. Gopalaiah, K. Choudhary, R. Tetrahedron 2021, 98, 132429.
3. Gopalaiah, K.; Tiwari, A. European Journal of Organic Chemistry 2020, 7229-7237.
4. Gopalaiah, K.; Tiwari, A.; Choudhary, R.; Mahiya, K. ChemistrySelect 2019, 4, 5200-5205.
5. Gopalaiah, K.; Rao, D. C.; Mahiya, K.; Tiwari, A. Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry 2018, 7, 1872-1881.
6. Goel, S.; Yadav, H.; Sinha, N.; Singh, B.; Bdikin, I.; Rao, D. C.; Gopalaiah, K.; Kumar, B. Journal of Applied Crystallography 2017, 50, 1498–1511.
7. Gopalaiah, K.; Saini, A.; Devi, A. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry 2017, 15, 5781-5789.
8. Gopalaiah, K.; Saini, A.; Chandrudu, S. N.; Rao, D. C.; Yadav, H.; Kumar, B. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry 2017, 15, 2259-2268.
9. Yadav, H.; Sinha, N.; Goel, S.; Singh, B.; Bdikin, I.; Saini, A.; Gopalaiah, K.; Kumar, B. Acta Crystallographica, 2017, B73, 347-359.
10. Gopalaiah, K.; Saini, A. Catalysis Letters 2016, 146, 1648–1654.
11. Gopalaiah, K.; Chandrudu, S. N.; Devi, A. Synthesis 2015, 47, 1766-1774.
12. Gopalaiah, K.; Chandrudu, S. N. RSC Advances 2015, 5, 5015-5023.
13. Ahmad, S.; Gopalaiah, K.; Chandrudu, S. N.; Nagarajan, R. Inorganic Chemistry 2014, 53, 2030-2039.
14. Gopalaiah, K. Chemical Reviews 2013, 113, 3248-3296.
15. Gopalaiah, K.; Kagan, H. B. Chemical Record 2013, 13, 187-208.