Professor Mahendra Nath
Professor Mahendra Nath was born in Unnao, Uttar Pradesh on 4th May 1971. He completed his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees from University of Lucknow, Lucknow, India. He earned his Ph.D (1996) in Chemistry from Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India under the supervision of Dr. Vishnu Ji Ram. After one year (1996-97) at the Medicinal Chemistry Division of the CDRI as a research associate (CSIR, New Delhi), Prof. Nath moved to Canada and worked there as a post-doctoral fellow (1997-1998) in the Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada. Following one-year post-doctoral stays, he joined Lupin Laboratories Ltd., Mandideep, India as a scientist (1999-2001) in the Department of Organic Synthesis. In December 2001, Prof. Nath was appointed as a NIH post-doctoral researcher in the Department of Chemistry at Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, where he worked with Professor Jeffrey M. Zaleski for three years prior to joining the University of Delhi. In addition to various aspects of Synthetic, Heterocyclic and Medicinal Chemistry, his current research is focused on novel antimalarials, antimicrobial agents and peripheral functionalization of porphyrins and biomimetic metallo-porphyrins to develop new photo-therapeutic agents for applications in photodynamic therapy. Prof. Nath is a life member of Indian Chemical Society, Chemical Research Society of India and The Indian Science Congress Association.
- Prasad D, Nath M. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2012, 2, 93-96.
- Prasad D, Preetam A, Nath M. C. R. Chimie 2013, 16, 252-256.
- Singh D.K, Nath M. Beilstein J. Org.Chem. 2014, 10, 808-813.
- Singh D.K, Nath M. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13, 1836-1845.
- Preetam A, Nath M. RSC Advances 2015, 5, 21843-21853.
- Tiwari R, Nath M. New J. Chem. 2015, 39, 5500-5506.
- Preetam A, Nath M. Tetrahedron Letters 2016, 57, 1502-1506.
- Tekuri C, Singh D.K, Nath M. Dyes and Pigments 2016, 132, 194-203.
- Tandon R, Nath M. Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry 2017, 17, 549-570.
- Tiwari R, Nath M. Dyes and Pigments 2018, 152, 161-170.