Professor P. Venkatesu
Dr. Pannuru Venkatesu was awarded PhD in 1995 at Sri Venkateswara University, Department of Chemistry, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India. In 1995, Research Associateship awarded by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, India. In 2006, he was also awarded Fast Track Young Scientist by DST, New Delhi. He has Post-doctoral research experience of eight years at Warsaw University of Technology (Poland), The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) USA, Academia Sinica (Taipei, Taiwan), National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taipei, Taiwan). In 2011, he received Dr. Arvind Kumar Memorial Award by Indian Council of Chemists, India, in 2013, he received Professor Suresh C. Ameta award by Indian Chemical Society, India and Dr. Venkatesu is a recipient of Bronze Medal– 2017 from Chemical research Society of India (CRSI), Bangalore. Very recently, he received Professor S. S. Katiyar Endowment Lecture award (2016-2017) from the Indian Science Congress Association, India. Dr. Venkatesu is Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Molecular Liquids, Member of the Advisory Board of the Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics and Member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Chemistry. His general research focused on thermodynamic and physicochemical properties of novel class of ionic liquids and liquid mixtures, protein folding / unfolding in presence of co-solvents (osmolytes, denaturants and ionic liquids), Effect of polymer chain or IL in coexisting liquid phases. He is handling four major research projects sponsored by DST, CSIR, DBT and DU-DST purse grant. At present six Ph. D students are working with him in the aforesaid research interests. Dr. Venkatesu has published 162 research papers in internationally reputed journals. Among them, two papers have published as a single author. He has delivered lectures at 55 national and international conferences.
- Umapathi, R.; Kumar A.; Payal N. and Venkatesu P. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2018, 6, 1400.
- Umapathi R.; Reddy, P. M.; Rani A. and. Venkatesu P. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2018, 20, 9717.
- Venkatesu P. et al. Green Chemistry, 2017, 19, 4900.
- Meena B.; Kumar A. and Venkatesu P. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18, 12419.
- Umapathi R. and Venkatesu P. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2016, 4, 2412.
- Jha I. and Venkatesu P. J. Phys. Chem. C. 2016, 120, 15436.
- Rani A. and Venkatesu P. J. Phys. Chem. B. 2016, 120, 8863.
- Kumar A. and Venkatesu P. Chemical Reviews 2012, 112, 4283.