Prof. Ramendra Pratap
Prof. Ramendra Pratap joined the Department of Chemistry as Assistant Professor in 2010 and promoted to full prof in 2022. He obtained his Ph.D. degree from Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow in 2007 under the supervision of Late Dr. Vishnu Ji Ram. He worked as post-doctoral researcher for two years (2007-2009) in the City College, City University of New York. Then he received the prestigious Alexander von Humboldt fellowship and worked for one year (2009-2010) in the Universitat des Saarlandes, Saarbrucken, Germany with Prof. Uli Kazmaier. He has published more than 100 research papers in peer reviewed international journals. He also authored 2 books of heterocyclic Chemistry and 2 reference books on the chemistry of fused and isolated pyrans. He also authored 2 book chapters in different books. He also received funding from different agencies such as DST, SERB, CSIR, ICMR etc. His current research is focused on the synthesis of various carbocycles and heterocycles, metal catalyzed C-C and C-N bond formation reactions, nucleoside modification reaction and medicinal chemistry. Recently, he visited Department of Chemistry, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan as visiting professor under JSPS invitation fellowship. He is also working as consultant in Arontier Co., South Korea for the development of new biologically potent molecules.
- Shaw, R.; Pratap, R. A green and base free arylation of thiomethylated 2-pyranones and ketene dithioacetals via Liebeskind-Srogl coupling in water Asian J. Org. Chem. 2022, Accepted. 10.1002/ajoc.202200078
- Amr Elagamy, Laila K. Elghoneimy, Reem K. Arafa and Ramendra Pratap Synthesis of functionalized flavones from 2-(methylthio)-4H-chromen-4-ones, Tetrahedron Letters, 2022, 100, 153882. 10.1016/j.tetlet.2022.153882
- Shaw, R.; Elagamy, A.; Althagafi, I.; Srivastava, A. K.; Pratap, R. Multi-component Reactions for the Synthesis of Biologically Relevant Molecules Under Environmentally Benign Conditions Curr. Org. Chem., 2021, 25, 2331. 10.2174/1385272825666210623160932
- Dwivedi, G. R.; Rai, R.; Pratap, R.; Singh, K.; Pati, S.; Sahu, S. N.; Kant, R.; Darokar, M. P.; Yadav. D. K. Drug resistance reversal potential of multifunctional thieno [3, 2-c] pyran via potentiation of antibiotics in MDR P. aeruginosa Biomed. & Pharmacotherapy, 2021, 142, 112084.
- Elagamy, A.; Shaw, R.; Shah, C.; Pratap, R. Iodine-Mediated Synthesis of 2-(Methylthio)-4 H-chromen-4-ones and Study of Their Halogenation Reactions The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2021, 86, 9478.
- Yadav, P.; Kumar, A.; Althagafi, I.; Nemaysh, V.; Rai, R.; Pratap, R. The Recent Development of Tetrahydro-Quinoline/Isoquinoline Based Compounds as Anticancer Agents Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry, 2021, 21, 1527.
- Elagamy, A.; Althagafi, I.; Pratap, R. Step-wise and one-pot synthesis of highly substituted conjugated trienes from 2-oxobenzo[h]chromenes/2H-pyran-2-ones Org. Biomol. Chem., 2021, 19, 3901-3910
- Shah, C.; Yadav, P.; Althagafi, I.; Shaw, R., Elagamy, A. Base mediated synthesis of functionalized 2‐(alkynyl) arylnitriles and their molecular docking study with aromatase receptor Org. Biomol. Chem., 2021, 19, 6276
- Singh, D.; Aggarwal, S.; Singh, V. K.; Pratap, R.; Mishra, A. K.; Tiwari, A. K. Lanthanide (Ln3+) complexes of bifunctional chelate: Synthesis, physicochemical study and interaction with Human Serum Albumin (HSA), Spectrochim. Acta Part A: Mol. Biomol. Spectroscopy, 2021, 244, 118808.
- Yadav, P.; Pratap,R.; Ram, V. J. Natural and Synthetic Spirobutenolides and Spirobutyrolactones Asian J. Org. Chem., 2020, 9, 1377
- Panwar, R.; Althagafi, I.; Shaw, R.; Elagamy, A.; Shah, C.; Yadav, P.; Pratap, R., Transition metal free synthesis of multifunctional thiomethylated-benzenes from aryl/heteroaryl/cyclopropyl methyl ketones Tetrahedron, 2020, 76, 131183.
- Shaw, R.; Althagafi, I.; Elagamy, A.; Rai, R.; Shah, C.; Nemaysh, V.; Singh, H.; Pratap, R, Transition metal free synthesis of sterically hindered allylarenes from 5-hexene-2-one, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2020, 18, 6276.
- Shally; Althagafi, I.; Shaw, R.; Elagamy, A.; Kumar, A.; Pratap, R. [5+ 1] Annulation strategy for the synthesis of multifunctional biaryls and p-teraryls from 1, 6-Michael acceptor ketene dithioacetals, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2020, 18, 6407.
- Singhal, D.; Althagafi, I.; Kumar, A.; Yadav, S.; Prasad, A. K.; Pratap, R., Thieno [3, 2-c] pyran: an ESIPT based fluorescence “turn-on” molecular chemosensor with AIE properties for the selective recognition of Zn 2+ ion, New J. Chem., 2020, 44, 12019.
- Shaw, R.; Elagamy, A.; Althagafi, I.; Pratap, R. Synthesis of alkynes from non-alkyne sources, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2020, 18, 3797-3817.
- Bhattacharyya, K.; Nemaysh, V.; Joon, M.; Pratap, R.; Varma-Basil, M.; Bose, M. Correlation of drug resistance with Single Nucleotide Variations through genome analysis and experimental validation in a multi-drug resistant clinical isolate of M. tuberculosis. BMC Microbiology, 2020, 20, 223.
- Shally; Kumar, V.; Althagafi, I.; Kumar, A.; Singhal, D.; Kumar, A.; Gupta, R.; Pratap, R. Design and Synthesis of New functionalized 8-(thiophen-2-yl)-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydroquinolines as turn-off chemosensors for selective recognition of Pd2+ ion, New J. Chem., 2020, 44, 15559.
- Elagamy, A.; Shaw, R.; Panwar, R.; Shally; Ram, V. J.; Pratap, R. Synthesis of Highly Functionalized Spirobutenolides via a Nitroalkane-Mediated Ring Contraction of 2-Oxobenzo[h]chromenes through Denitration J. Org. Chem. 2019, 84, 1194.
- Pratap, R.; Yorimitsu, H. Palladium-Catalyzed Amination of Aryl Sulfides and Sulfoxides with Azaarylamines of Poor Nucleophilicity, Synthesis, 2019, 51, 2705.
- Shally; Althagafi, I.; Singhal, D.; Panwar, R.; Shaw, R.; Elagamy, A. Pratap, R. Base-promoted regioselective synthesis of 1, 2, 3, 4-terahydroquinolines and quinolines from N-boc-3-piperidone, Tetrahedron, 2019, 75, 130695.