Professor M. D. Milton
Prof. Marilyn Daisy Milton pursued a degree in B.Sc. Chemistry(Honours) (1995) from Miranda House, University of Delhi and M.Sc. Chemistry (1997) and Ph.D. (2002) from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Later she worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Kyoto University, Japan (2002-2004) as Monbukagakusho research fellow and at Shiga University of Medical Sciences, Japan (2004-2005). She joined the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur as an Assistant Professor in 2005 and worked there for two years. Later she joined the University of Delhi as a Reader in 2007, was promoted as an Associate Professor in 2008 and as Professor in 2013. Her research interests include design and synthesis of fluorescent sensors; design and synthesis of advanced materials, development of new methodologies for functional group transformations, synthesis of novel heterocyclic compounds and their applications, organocatalysis, transition-metal catalyzed cross-coupling reactions, development of multi-catalyst systems for organic transformations. She is also serving as the Editorial Board Member, Chemistry Select (2021-2025) and Member, Associate Editorial Board, Current Organic Chemistry (2019-2022).
- Lamoria, M.; Milton, M. D. “Novel Y-shaped multi-stimuli responsive pyrene substituted quinoxaline and pyridopyrazine-based push-pull molecules showing solvatochromism, aggregation induced excimer emission, acidofluorochromism and moisture detection” Dyes and Pigments 2023 (Accepted).
- Kumari, R.; Milton, M. D. “Multi stimuli responsive non-doped red emitting AIEE active phenothiazine based chalcones: Crystal structure, solvatochromism, turn-on mechanofluorochromism and acidochromism” Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2022, 2022, e202201024. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejoc.202201024
- Sharma, H.; Chaudhary, S.; Nirwan, S.; Kakkar, R.; Liew, H. S.; Low, M. L.; Mai, C.-W.; Hii, L.-W.; Leong, C.-O.; Milton, M. D. “N, N’-Disubstituted benzimidazolium salts: Synthesis, characterization, micromolar detection of Fe(III) ions in aqueous system, biological evaluation and molecular docking studies” ChemistrySelect 2022, 7, e202203239. https://doi.org/10.1002/slct.202203239
- Kumari, R.; Milton, M. D. “Design and synthesis of multi-stimuli responsive π-extended phenothiazine aldehydes: Solvatochromism, acidochromism, moisture detection and fluorochromic sensing of amine vapors” Dyes and Pigments 2022, 205, 110474. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2022.110474
- Gupta, S.; Milton, M. D. “AIEE-TICT quadrupolar push-pull quinoxaline derivatives displaying solvatochromism, acidofluorochromism and logic gate operation” J. Molecular Structure 2022, 1264, 133275. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2022.133275
- Sharma, H.; Kakkar, R.; Bishnoi, S.; Milton, M. D. “Synthesis of acceptor-donor-acceptor based phenothiazine-5-oxide aldehydes displaying large Stokes shift- “on-off-on” acidofluorochromic switch and molecular logic gate operation” J. Photochem. Photobiol. A 2022, 430, 113944. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotochem.2022.113944
Indian Patent no. 301082 Indian Patent no. 301082; Novel brominated phenothiazine scaffolds and methods thereof, (February, 2014)