Professor Parbati Biswas
Parbati Biswas is a Senior Professor in the Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi. Her field of specialization is Theoretical Physical Chemistry. She obtained her M.Sc. with specialization in Physical Chemistry from University of Calcutta followed by Ph.D. from the
Dept. of Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 1996. She has diverse post doctoral experience which includes a brief stint (1997-98) at the Dept. of Physics and Astronomy in the University of Leeds with Professor T.C.B. McLeish (F. R. S.) as an E.P.S.R.C. fellow followed by Alexander von Humboldt fellowship at the Dept. of Theoretische Polymerphysik, University of Freiburg, Germany (1998-2000), Subsequently, she worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. on Protein Folding and Design (2001-2002) and later joined Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, U.S.A. to work on Molecular Dynamics of Protein Splicing (2003-2004). Her primary research interests include Statistical Theory of Protein Folding, Misfolding and Combinatorial Protein Design; Dynamics of Branched Polymers and Polymer Networks and Rheology of Complex Fluids; Statistical Mechanics and Molecular Dynamics Simulation of biopolymers. She is an elected Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore (2023). She is also a recipient of Prof. S. K. Chatterjee award, Indian Institute of Science, for 2016 and Charusita Chakravarty memorial lecture award at CRSI 2017.
- M. Handa and P. Biswas, Segmental Mobility of Ring Polymers in Good and Poor Solvents, Macromolecules, 55, 2182, 2022.
- S. Sharma, V. Singh and P. Biswas, Analysis of the Passage Times for Unfolding/Folding of the Adenine Riboswitch Aptamer, ACS Physical Chemistry Au, 2, 353, 2022.
- L. Aggarwal and P. Biswas, Hydration Thermodynamics of the N-terminal FAD Mutants of Amyloid-ꞵ, Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 61, 298, 2021.
- M. Handa and P. Biswas, Intramolecular Relaxation of Ring Polymers in Dilute Solutions, Journal of Rheology, 65, 381, 2021 (Selected in a Special Issue focused on the Dynamics of Ring Polymers).
- S. Sharma, V. Singh and P. Biswas, Effect of Ligand Binding on Riboswitch Folding: Theory and Simulations, Journal of Chemical Physics, 154, 185101, 2021.
- L. Aggarwal and P. Biswas, Hydration Thermodynamics of Familial Parkinson’s Disease Linked Mutants of α-Synuclein, Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 61, 1850, 2021.
- L. Aggarwal and P. Biswas, Interaction Volume is a Measure of Aggregation Propensity of Amyloid-ꞵ, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 11, 3993, 2020.