Professor Subho Mozumdar
Professor Subho Mozumdar completed his B.Sc. (Honours) in Chemistry from the University of Delhi in 1985 and M.Sc. from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur in 1987. He obtained his Ph.D. in Chemistry from the State University of New York, Buffalo (U.S.A.). Subsequently, he went for his Postdoctoral training at the prestigious laboratory of Professor Lawrence Grossman in the Department of Biochemistry at the Johns Hopkins University. His postdoctoral work was in the area of DNA Repair and Cancer Biology. Following a brief stay at the University of Maryland (U.S.A.), Professor Mozumdar joined the Department of Chemistry as a Lecturer in 1998, became an Associate Professor in 2007 and was promoted as Professor with effect from 2010. Professor Mozumdar is reputed in his field for working in the areas of Nanobiotechnology and Nanocatalysis. He is a pioneer in the area of nanoparticle mediated drug and gene delivery, having received the first N.M.I.T.L.I. Grant from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (C.S.I.R.) and setting up one of the first Nano-characterization facility (including a Dynamic Light Scattering set-up and AFM) in the country. He is also renowned for his contribution in designing novel nanoparticle based recyclable green catalysts for synthesizing Bioactive compounds. Professor Mozumdar is a recipient of the prestigious Overseas Fellowship from the Department of Biotechnology for working at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He is on the reviewer panel for large number of journals, such as Nature Materials, Tetrahedron Letters, Catalysis Communications and pLOSone. He is a life-member of the Chemical Biology Society of India and the Controlled Release Society (U.S.A.).
- Shabir ,J.; Garkoti C.; Rani S. and Mozumdar S. Materials Letters (2017) (accepted).
- Garkoti C.; Shabir J.; Rani S. and Mozumdar S. Catalysis L e t t e r s (2017) (accepted).
- Kumar A.; Saxena A.; De A.; Shankar R. and Mozumdar S. RSC Advances 2013, 3, 5015-5021.
- Kumar A.; Dewan M.; De A.; Saxena A.; Aerry S. and Mozumdar S. RSC Advances 2013, 3, 603-607.
- Kumar A.; Aerry S.; Saxena, A.; De A. and Mozumdar S. Green Chemistry 2012, 14, 1298-1301.
- Kumar A.; Saxena A.; Dewan M.; De A. and Mozumdar S. Tetrahedron Letters 2011, 52, 4835-4839.
- Li ,J.; Tseng Y.-C.; Che Y.C; Mozumdar S. and Huang L. Journal of Controlled Release 2010, 142, 416.
- Tseng Y.-C.; Mozumdar S. and Huang L. Delivery Reviews 2009, 61, 721-731.
- Kumar A.; Dewan M.; Saxena A.; De A. and Mozumdar S. Catalysis Communication 2010, 11, 679-683.
- Singh R.; Saxena A. and Mozumdar S. International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology 2008, 5 1-10.